2017-2018 Marching Band
The 2nd and 3rd payments for next year's Marching Band are now due and the 4th payment is due June 30th. Under My Account (above), select Previous Purchases and click on the order number with a balance due at the top. Next, look for the "make a payment" button to proceed with your payment. If you have more than one open order, they must be paid separately (sorry).
If you haven't yet registered, you're behind the 8 ball. Registration will close soon - don't wait!!! The deadline was March 31st. Please click on My Account/Forms and look for the new packet called 2017 Marching Band.
chs band: a family affair
There Are Lots of Ways To Volunteer
Our band depends on volunteers. We ask that each family volunteer 4 or more times throughout the marching band season beginning with band camp. We are currently recruiting volunteers for first aid, uniform fittings & dinner duty during band camp and to supply item donations. Also available: all Friday night games, marching band exhibition & competitions, and parades. To sign up, click on the Volunteer Tab above!
Drum Major camp
Attention Marching Band Percussionists - Mark your calendar for the following summer drumming dates and times:
June 27th - 2-5pm
July 11th - 2-5pm
marching band leadership meeting
Marching band leadership students (if in town) will have a meeting/pizza party on Friday, July 14th from 9am – noon.
2017-2018 Marching Band Leadership
Congratulations to those students chosen to fill the 2017-2018 Marching Band leadership positions. Our Drum Majors will be Caroline Parham, DJ Rice and Sarah Willis. For a complete list of all leadership positions, go to the Marching Band page under the About Us/Ensembles tab.
Marching band camp
Alpharetta Old Soldiers Day Parade
Marching Band will march in this parade on August 5th (9 AM - 12 PM).
SPIRIT GEAR - SOCKS ARE HERE!
You asked for socks, and they are here! You can order these nifty socks and all Spirit Gear online using the Spirit Gear Tab above. Any spirit gear orders placed after May 20th will not be filled until band camp. We will have a complete selection of items for sale (cash or check) on the first day of FULL band camp on Tuesday, July 18th through Friday, July 21st in the morning.
Hearing protection: $10
Water bottles: $10
String backpacks: $10
SOCKS: $10 (Correction to previous post: Mr. Reid has approved that these can be worn with marching band uniform and concert tuxedos.)
Help Wanted for 2017-2018 Board & Committees!
The Band Board is looking for volunteers who would like to get involved in a different way. Some positions can be done from home with a computer, while others require feet on the ground. We will have the following committee positions available:
- Voice of the Mighty Marching Knights (Make band announcements at football games) - Contact Mr. Reid
- Thursday Pizza Sales (Manage pizza sales during marching band season) - Contact Amy Kennedy
- Business Sponsorships (Recruit business sponsors for the band) - Contact Amy Kennedy
- Mattress Sale (Coordinate mattress sale with mattress company) - Contact Amy Kennedy
- TAG Donation Days (Organize donation days) - Contact Amy Kennedy
- Tanner Photography (Organize this fundraiser) - Contact Amy Kennedy
- Video Volunteers (We need several parents to video band events using the band's official video camera. If you are able to volunteer for one or several events, please contact Sheila Wenger by email or at 770-656-2154.)
The board would also gladly welcome any parents interested in sharing the following board positions with current officers. All but one of these volunteers have a rising senior so next year will be their last:
- Co-President - Contact Karen LeCates
- VP of Logistics - Contact Alan Marx
- Student Accounts - Contact Barb Crowe
- VP of Ways & Means - Contact Amy Kennedy
- VP of Student Programs - Contact Stephanie Duffy
- Secretary - Contact Andrea Warren
- Parliamentarian - OPEN - Contact Karen LeCates
Don't forget to sign up for amazonsmile! For details, please see the Fundraiser page.
- Tuesday, June 27
- Friday, June 30
- Tuesday, July 4
- Tuesday, July 11
- Friday, July 14
- Monday, July 17
- Tuesday, July 18
- Wednesday, July 19
- Thursday, July 20