Congratulations to the following Centennial band students who have been accepted to participate in the University of Georgia's January Honor Band Festival:
- Jonah Bergman
- Fish Brosmer
- Sydney Davis
- Trent Gibson
- Georgia Harper
- Sommer Lemcoe
- Jake McCrory
- Rhett Mobley
- Sarah Willis
governor's honors program nominees
Congratulations to the following Centennial band students for making it through to the second round of the Governor's Honors Program audition and interview process:
- Rhett Mobley for Music (Woodwind)
- Brendan Kennedy for Music (Voice)
The band program is very proud of Rhett's and Brendan's accomplishments!
A WONDERFUL WINTER CONCERT!!!
We hope that everyone enjoyed the wonderful Winter Concert performed by our very talented concert band students! Many thanks to Mr. Reid and Mr. Ehrlich for teaching our students throughout this first semester and preparing them for this outstanding performance. Videos coming soon under the About Us tab. Thanks, as always, to Jennifer Willis for taking these great pictures.
Remember that we have created a page under the About Us tab above, titled Past Concert Programs. After each concert has passed, you can see those concert programs to view music pieces played, other included information and to print a hard copy if desired.
CONCERT BAND ATTIRE
If you need tuxedo alterations and purchased your tux prior to last school year (2016/17), Savvy Formalwear at North Point Mall will do this free of charge. If you purchased your tux last school year through Tuxedo Warehouse and need alterations or would like to use their trade-in program, please click here.
Questions: Contact Christy Lawrence
concert band fees: Full Payment is due now!
MILTON HIGH SCHOOL WIND ENSEMBLE AND cOLUMBUS STATE UNIVERSITY WIND ENSEMBLE CONCERT
BASKETBALL PEP BAND
Thanks to the marching band students who have played at the basketball games so far! Marching band students, please see Mr. Reid or Mr. Ehrlich to sign up for future games:
- Friday, January 12th, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 19th, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 26th, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
band class and MARCHING BAND Section and senior pictures available
Band pictures that were taken in class in November, along with marching band section and senior pictures taken during band camp, are available from Legacy Studios. Follow these steps to view and purchase pictures:
Go to: LegacyStudios.com
Click on "Buy Pictures"
Choose "2016 - 2018 Pictures"
Enter online code: 6090B181
Choose "November 2017" gallery for pictures taken in band class or choose "August 2017" for marching band section and senior pictures
Click on thumbnail image
Look for the green "Buy Now" tag
Please note: In email exchanges with Legacy, they clarified that digital images are not sent on a CD; a downloadable file is offered. If you want to place a photograph order, please contact their Customer Service at 800-348-4360.
We are excited to announce that Rachel Cooper, who worked with our winterguard for each of the past two years, has graciously agreed to be our winterguard director this year. Information regarding the schedule for the remainder of the season will be available soon.
Jazz Band rehearsals will resume on January 9th and most Tuesdays through May 8th from 3:45 - 5:15 p.m. (See calendar tab above for specific dates.) Mr. Reid is the director with guest jazz artists.
- Thursday, April 26th, 7 p.m. (Jazz/Percussion Concert in CHS auditorium)
- Wednesday, May 2nd, 7 p.m. (Celebration of the Arts at CHS)
- Saturday, May 12th, All Day (Cambridge Jazz Festival)
The participation fee is $80. Please pay by cash or check payable to "CHS Band Boosters" and place in an envelope labeled with student's name and jazz band. Then place the envelope in the drop box outside Mr. Reid's office. This fee will pay for guest artists, music and the jazz festival.
Help Wanted for 2017-2018 Board & Committees!
The Band Board is looking for volunteers who would like to get involved in a different way. Some positions can be done from home with a computer, while others require feet on the ground. We will have the following committee positions available:
- Business Sponsorships (Recruit business sponsors for the Band) - Contact Amy Kennedy
- Mattress Sale (Coordinate mattress sale with mattress company) - Contact Amy Kennedy
- TAG Donation Days (Organize donation days) - Contact Amy Kennedy
- Public Relations (Submit articles to PTSA Eblast & local media outlets) - Contact Ellen Rickles
- Video Volunteers (We need several parents to video Band events using the Band's official video camera. If you are able to volunteer for one or several events, please contact Reed Wenger by email or at 770-656-2154.)
The Board would also gladly welcome any parents interested in sharing/shadowing the following Board positions with current officers. All but one of these volunteers have a rising senior so next year will be their last:
- Co-President - Contact Karen LeCates
- VP of Logistics - Contact Alan Marx
- VP of Ways & Means - Contact Amy Kennedy
- VP of Student Programs - Contact Stephanie Duffy
- Secretary - Contact Andrea Warren
Don't forget to sign up for amazonsmile! For details, please see the Fundraiser page.
Follow us on Twitter!
Text "Follow @CHSKnightsBand" to 40404
We are so thankful to our sponsors for their generosity!
Charlton's Grill and Tap
950 North Point Drive
The Pediatric Place
David M. Bergman,
MD, MPH, FAAP
Lafferty Animal Clinic