Weekend Marching Band Event Information
HOME FOOTBALL GAME VS. DUNWOODY HIGH SCHOOL/SENIOR KNIGHT
Join the Centennial Band and Football Team this Friday, October 20th, at 7:30 p.m. for a home football game versus Dunwoody High School. Let's cheer on the football team to victory and view the marching band’s amazing show! Remember to wear your Centennial Band Spirit Gear (available under Spirit Gear tab) and show our proud spirit!
This game is also Senior Knight when all marching band, football, cheer and other Fall sports seniors will be honored. At half time, the Dunwoody band will perform first followed by the Senior Knight ceremony. The Centennial band will perform once the game is over, so please stick around to support our band! Seniors and their parents: Bio forms were due this past Monday, but please click here for instructions for the evening.
Attention 9th, 10th and 11th Grade Marching Band Parents: We still need several parents to volunteer for pit crew and grill master. Since it is Senior Knight, 12th grade parents will be involved in the festivities. For this reason, we need 9th, 10th and 11th grade parents to fill these spots! Please sign up for the October 20th game under the Volunteer tab.
Parents, please know that at every home game the visitor side concession stand proceeds go to the band. So if you are purchasing food and drinks at the game, please walk over to that side. Thanks for your support!
- REPORT TIME: 6:00 pm
- WEAR: Black band shirts (school and game), black marching shorts, long black socks and marching shoes.
- BRING: FILLED water bottle labeled with your name in a string bag for easy carrying to and from the stadium. If you need to fill your bottle at school, please use the water fountains and not coolers. Coolers with refill water are reserved for use at the game only.
- ALSO BRING $$$ for concession stand during 3rd quarter break
STUDENT PICK-UP REMINDERS:
- It is imperative that you pick up your child promptly - watch the Remind feed on your phone for updates. Once the game ends, students must report back to the band room to return instruments and equipment but should be dismissed around 11:00 p.m.
- Students MUST be picked up no later than 30 minutes after our announced time. For instance, if we Remind that dismissal will be at 11:00 p.m., we expect everyone to be picked up by 11:30 p.m. If you know this will be a problem, please arrange a carpool or some means of transportation for your child. In an emergency, please contact the lead chaperone, Arlan Maltby (cell: 203-430-4153).
- Wait for your child outside of the school building and remain patient. The room is already very congested with all our students and volunteers.
Follow the band on Remind (text @chsmbap to 81010) to receive a message Friday night with the specific dismissal time. Please also stay in touch with your child so that you know when they will be dismissed.
Mr. Reid also asks that all students and parents review the Home Game Reminders to be aware of procedures that must be followed by all. Thank you!
We are so thankful to our sponsors for their generosity!
Charlton's Grill and Tap
950 North Point Dr.
Centennial & Haynes Bridge Locations
The Pediatric Place
David M. Bergman,
MD, MPH, FAAP
Lafferty Animal Clinic