Foundation for the Fine Arts (FFA)
The Foundation for the Fine Arts (FFA) is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) parent volunteer group that supports Centennial High School's Fine Arts Department (Chorus, Visual Arts, Drama, Band, and Orchestra) by providing volunteers, funding and organizational resources. This organization is separate from the CHS Band Booster non-profit that funds all band-related activities.
By becoming a member, you support all Fine Arts programs at Centennial and become eligible for senior scholarship awards (must be a member for two consecutive years, including senior year). Other benefits are available as well!
Through membership dues and donations, the FFA are able to support the Fine Arts teachers in their classrooms and beyond. In recent years, the FFA has funded/purchased the following:
- Five new drum harnesses for the Marching Band - NEW IN FALL 2016!!!
- Visual Arts gallery display system.
- Acoustic sound shells for use in the auditorium.
- Auditorium lobby renovations including paint, lighting and art hanging systems and acoustic ceiling tiles.
- Locks for the instrument lockers.
- Ink cartridges for the Visual Arts’ specialty printers.
- Music stand lights and piano bench for the auditorium.
- Violins for Orchestra to enable students with no instrument to play.
- Vibraphone and Marimba for the Band.
- A stand-up and grand piano for the Chorus.
- Several $500 scholarships for Outstanding Seniors.
The FFA also offers opportunities for students to earn money to pay for their Fine Arts fees by managing an afternoon concession stand located near the auditorium. Students can work in the concession stand and earn credits that they can later apply towards class fees. Go to About Us / Band Documents to check for your student's balance and download a transfer form.
Volunteers are always needed to help with many programs and activities sponsored by the FFA. When you join the FFA, your support will enable them to do even more to help the CHS Fine Arts programs. We encourage all parents to join as a Foundation Member (Membership begins at $25) and encourage their students to actively participate in fundraising. Support through membership and donations will enable the CHS Fine Arts programs to continue to grow and thrive! Membership fees paid to the FFA are tax deductible as applicable by law.
The Centennial High School Foundation for the Fine Arts has an Executive Board that meets monthly. There currently are open Board positions. If interested in making a difference or have questions, please email email@example.com. Or visit their website at www.chsffa.org.
Thank You for supporting CHS Foundation for the Fine Arts!
We are so thankful to our sponsors for their generosity!
Charlton's Grill and Tap
950 North Point Dr.
Centennial & Haynes Bridge Locations
The Pediatric Place
David M. Bergman,
MD, MPH, FAAP
Lafferty Animal Clinic